The kids are in bed and I told myself that I would start taking the time to document the bigger moments in our lives -- so here goes.
A few weeks ago, Husband lost his job. It was a bunch of stupid shit that went on that lead to the ultimate firing - but it shouldn't have happened to begin with. He was with his old company for 5 years and he ONLY left because of the chance to work 1 minute from the house and be home every night for dinner, weekends off. We thought it was going to be the best thing ever but we were so wrong, so so wrong.
From the second week, his boss was treating him like shit. He tolerated it because well, he had no choice. He thought once they hired a second person to do the same job as him, that all of the crap would be evenly distributed. NOPE. She continued to treat Husband like shit and let the new kid get away with murder.
I mean, come on. He freaked bonused every 3 months at his old job, had a team of 20 people, barely had any negative feedback, he was a great employee.
Who fires someone at holiday time? With twins. Bills. A family. Honestly.
I have wished bad things upon this lady and I know that I shouldn't but I do. I am so stressed.
We are behind in all of our bills and I had to sign up for WIC. We are fighting with unemployment currently. He had an interview on Wednesday and we thought we would hear from them today and nothing. I am so scared.
So sick to my stomach.
I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the stress- hang in there, I'm send good thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteOH Kayla I am so sorry this happened to your family and yes around the holidays. Of course no time is a good time to be fired and especially when you're supporting your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope he is able to find something.
ReplyDeleteWould his old job consider taking him back>
It's going to be ok. Your husband will get a job. Until then try not to panic. Apply for unemployment benefits if you're eligible. Put a donate button up on your blog. Don't be shy about reaching out and asking for help. But most importantly, don't freak out. It's going to be ok.
ReplyDelete