My name is Kayla and I'm a new mommy of TWINS! My babies were born at 28 weeks gestation and they're still in the NICU. They've been alive for 25 days and in those 25 days, they've managed to change my entire world and fill me with more love than I have EVER known. I'm a cancer survivor (Stage 3 Melanoma) and I struggled with infertility for years. I did an IVF in January and ended up with OHSS and had to recover before I moved on to a FET in March.
For my regular readers, here is an update:
The babies are BOTH off of oxygen and... are you ready for exciting news?
THEY ARE WEARING CLOTHES!
I almost cried when I saw them in outfits on Friday. The nurses didn't tell us because they wanted to surprise us :) This was almost as exciting as the day we lifted up their bed cover and saw them off of CPAP and on nasal canulas. :) My little babies are growing and changing daily and I am so anxious to get them home!
I am really hoping they can come home at 35 weeks gestation (less than 3 weeks)! but it just depends on their breathing. As of now, they're still having breathing spells directly after they eat. They put little Man on a pump that regulates his food over 30 minutes and that seems to have helped him a ton. I am actually hoping they plan on putting little Miss on the same thing, as she tends to drift after a feed, too.
I am having trouble keeping up with their demand of milk. I feel like a bad mommy but 2 days in this past week they've had to have formula only because they were out of milk! :( I'm pumping about 2oz each session but it just isn't enough when you have little piggys! Speaking of their eating habits....
Little Man is at 3lbs 6oz
Little Lady is at 3lbs 1oz.
These have probably changed since those were their weights from 2 nights ago but I won't know their current weights until I call in at midnight tonight and ask for them :)
I am beyond exhausted with the 2 hour (one way) trip to see them and even more tired than usual because we've been staying with friends.....and their 3 year old son wakes up at 5:30am EVERY single day. Normally we sleep in their basement and it is quiet and whatnot -- but their family was in town this stay and we had to sleep in their living room. I am actually so exhausted that I fell asleep sitting up today and missed a friends baby shower. :( Blah. I KNOW it's only going to be more exhausting when they get here but the damn travel is getting to me (and getting to be really expensive).
I'll update again in a few days buuuut before I end, I'll post a few pictures of the peanuts.
![]() |
| my baby :) first outfit and weighing 3lbs 6oz! |
![]() |
| my peach :) first outfit and weighing 3lbs 1oz! |


Hi from ICLW. Congratulations on the birth of your two babies.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on your wee ones. They look like they're doing great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats so happy to see they are growing and able to wear clothes now!
ReplyDeleteoh girl, they are just sooooo beautiful!!!! and can I tell you, Preemies are awesome. My father was one (born in 1947!) and was BARELY 1 pound (if he even was a full pound). don't know what that adds other than telling you that preemies are AWESOME! :)
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW. What beautiful little babies you have!! So precious. Sending lots and lots of vibes that these little ones continue to grow strong!!
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW, and congratulations on your two little beauties! They look so adorable in their new outfits - congrats on this next step, and all the best for all the steps that follow.
ReplyDeleteAwe. I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Fingers crossed that they can come home soon!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous babies! I hope their NICU journey will be smooth and short form here and they may both come home very soon! Getting the milk supply up can be tricky, particularly when you are in such a complicated situation including an early birth, NICU stress and being away from the babies. Don't beat yourself up. You have been doing a fantastic job and I am pretty sure your supply will get better when the babies will be close to you.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW #51
I have two sets of twins with 3 months of NICU time between them, I can't wait until you are enjoying those precious babies at home!
ReplyDeleteThey look adorable in their outfits! I hope they get to come home right on time, and that in the meantime they continue to grow stronger in the NICU!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your miracle twins!!! I had mine at 35 weeks after 5 weeks of bed rest. You are doing a great job! I hope they will be out of the NICU soon so you can take them home! One of mine was in NICU for 8 days, it was the HARDEST thing ever! I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but it helped me to remember they are in the best place at the moment!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! Your twins are beautiful, and I hope they stay on the fast track to coming home soon!
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled to hear your little ones are doing so well. NICU stays are emotionally trying and I hope your babies escape the NICU soon due to thriving good health.
ReplyDeleteICLW #74 Dragondreamer's Lair
So glad to read that your little ones are doing so well. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteAn ICLW Visit from #2
liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, life)
Awww, congratulations on the birth of those beautiful babies. Best wishes on a swift release from the NICU.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! They are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much :) I was going to reply to you in a comment on your blog but I don't think you update it very often :P
DeleteCongratulations on those gorgeous little bundles!! Fingers crossed for the release from NICU you're hoping for.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Bree
Congratulations on your babies! The are beautiful! Don't feel bad about the milk...you are doing everything you can! You have TWO to feed! Happy ICLW.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so impressed that you're handling the NICU rollercoaster so well! Good luck getting to bring those two gorgeous babies home in the next few weeks! Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteToo dang cute! How awesome that they are doing so well. I can only imagine with everything else that travel, which is normally tiring, would just push you to exhustion. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete