Monday, December 17, 2012

Baby Pictures & Growth Spurts.

UPDATED 12-21-12:

Hello! If you're visiting from ICLW, it's nice to meet you. :)
I'm Kayla! 25 years old, mama to preemie twins (that are now '6 days old' adjusted age) and married to a cuuuute, loving, man. I live in a small Ohio town and I'm a cancer survivor!

I will PROBABLY do all blog commenting in one day because I'm limited for time but I comment frequently on the blogs that I follow. Hoping to find more blogs to read! :)


First of all. I will start with the second half of the title.

GROWTH SPURTS!
No one told me to expect these to be SO damn miserable.
My kids have been sleeping fine but when they are awake all. they. want. to. do. is. EAT.
OUNCE AFTER OUNCE!
Little Man ate 5 ounces in an hour recently.
Little Miss ate 7.5 ounces over a 4 hour span.

These are the babies that generally eat 3.5 & 3 ounces every 4 hours.
Now, they're awake wanting to eat every 30-60 minutes.

I don't feed on demand because the NICU has them on a schedule that worked out very well for all of us -- however, I've been HAVING to feed on demand to keep my sanity. Everyone else is like "oh my baby slept more and ate less during a growth spurt". Well, whoopdiedooooo. My babies aren't your babies and my babies are being children of the corn. :)

The worst part is, they aren't both sharing the awful schedule. One day it'll be him and then the next day, it'll be her.

Anyway. I guess I'll post some pictures of their cute faces to remind me that there is a good side to this parenting thing.

Little Man

Little Miss

Little Man

Little Man

Little Man & Little Miss

Little Miss

Little Man & Little Miss

They're both quiet for the next 2 minutes, I'm sure -- so I'm going to close my eyes!

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Just imagine breastfeeding through that growth spurt. That's how it was with Ro and it was an emotionally trying time being a milk machine. I so get what you mean. I hope they give you a little break soon. :)
    Adorable pictures. They seem to have such a little personality already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get all the crocheted items? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photographer made them for the babies :) She is a close friend of mine and went above and beyond for them! Wish I could learn how to make them :)

      Delete
  3. When I had my new little man, now 6 months, I almost quit breastfeeding when the growth spurt happened. He was on the boob 24/7. I was in so much pain and not to mention sleep deprived! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your adorable babies! I love the pictures. My SIL has twins and they were born at 38 weeks but both were very small (5ish lbs I think) and she has been feeding constantly for the past 6 weeks. Oh and she BFs but has to pump and then give it to them in a bottle (they won't take it any other way). So all that to say, you are not alone :) -Erin (from ICLW) http://loveismultiplied.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I hope you survive this (and many) growth spurts and maintain (most of) your sanity! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your twins are so beautiful!! I am looking forward to following your blog. Thanks for stopping by Gypsy Mama and happy ICLW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from ICLW! How precious your babies are and how cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW! You are so blessed, Kayla. What gorgeous babes and your photographer did an amzing job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from ICLW. Adorable pictures! Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from ICLW. Those babies are so cute! I bookmarked your site so I can read back on their NICU journeys, but they look like they are doing great. Great pictures, and looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds the Little Ones are doing great! I hope you may bring them home very soon. I can't even imagine how hard it is to keep two babies satisfied.
    They are super sweet and their pictures are way too adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    ICLW #51

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgoodness they are so dang cute! I'm sure the growth spurt is definitely a challenge, but at least they are growing! Merry Christmas and Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Children of the corn" - haha! At least you've managed to keep some semblance of humour intact :)

    I just stopped breastfeeding my 4 month old. I didn't want to wean him so early, but I simply could not keep up with his last growth spurt. He was crying and pulling at the breast out of frustration and then took THREE 6 oz bottles of formula in a row!! We couldn't believe it.

    My 2.5 year old is a very busy bee and there's no way I can just sit nursing the baby 24/7 to try to improve a supply that's always been somewhat weak. It is what it is - we all do the best we can. Your little ones are so, so adorable! Congrats :)

    Visiting from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are sooo cute!! I can't imagine growth spurts with 2, I barely survived with 1. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg those hats!!! So so so cute. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great pictures! Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kids are gorgeous and I got a good giggle out of the children of the corn comment. My brother-in-law use to call my kids that.

    Merry Christmas

    ICLW #6 Dragondreamer's Lair

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your babies are so cute! :D Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete