![]() |
| Adalie |
![]() |
| Braxley |
That is correct... I had the twins on September 26 at 2:51am and 3:15am.
They're in the NICU (obviously) and doing great. Clearly this experience is a day-to-day event and some days are better than others. These pictures were from their first day alive and our girl doesn't have the breathing tube anymore. Both babies are on CPAP and doing great. Adalie is feeding through her tube 9mLs every 3 hours and Braxley is feeding through his tube at 2mLs every 6 hours. His stomach has been a bit distended so they are worried he isn't processing food juuust yet.
We are expecting them to come home around their gestational age of 36 weeks so we have about 6 weeks to go before they're home and being cuddled in my arms. I will say time this far as flown so I hope that it continues to do so -- and that they keep on being the fighters that I know that they are.
I will update in a day or two with newer pictures and the birth story (boy, it is a doozy). Until then, I'm going to pump until my boobs fall off and continue to kangaroo care with my peanuts.
Also, the babies were on 28 weeks and 4 days old when I had them.
I never knew I could love two tiny living beings so much.


Congrats Kayla. I am so happy they were born healthy for their age and they are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your two sweet babes! I'll be praying that everything continues to go well for the four of you!
ReplyDeleteThey are precious. I am so glad you are able to do kangaroo care and that you are able to make milk for them. I will look forward to hearing they are home safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteoh Kayal!!! They are adorable!!! I can remember first following your blog almost a year ago, it has been so much fun to follow your journey I am so happy for you!! Congratulations they are simply beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats girl! I'm so glad they are here. I'm praying for more good days than bad in the NICU. Much love to you and your babes.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! They are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Hope they continue to do spectacularly!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! They are beautiful and I will pray for their recovery so they can come home and be with you guys!
ReplyDeleteOH my! Congrats! They are perfect little peanuts! From one NICU momma to another, just remember to breathe and take it day by day! Sending lots of love :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I hope the babies are healthy and grow quickly so they can get out of the NICU. Congrats on your new beautiful family!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Look at those tiny, precious little ones! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kayla! I'm glad that you are okay and that the babies are doing well and are in excellent hands.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteWow- Congrats and praying they grow and grow and grow.
ReplyDelete