Long story short, on Wednesday - husband and I were in the nursery and he was putting together the baby swing. I was just sitting in the chair and felt a gush of fluid and a lot of pressure. We went to labor and delivery where my vagina was completely proded and it was NOT my water but.
I AM contracting.... a lot. I'm 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. Baby A is so low that she is literally just waiting to make her appearance. They sent me home Wednesday night with some pills to take if I felt contractions. Took one at 10:45am on Thursday and felt contractions ALL day long... Went to labor & delivery around 4:30pm and from there, things have been INSANE.
I was brought via ambulance to a very prestigious hospital with a high level NICU. I got here around 10pm on Thursday night and was instantly hooked to monitors, given fluids, steroid shots, shots to stop contractions, magnesium sulfate, the whole nine yards. The contractions haven't stopped at all but had slowed down. They didn't let me eat for TWO days in fear that I might deliver the babies early.
On Saturday they moved me to the high risk floor where I was put into a room with a meth addicted pregnant woman. She was insane from the start, I will write a whole different post on this.
Things have been preeeeetty quiet since Saturday. I'm still contracting, still exhausted but I am still growing two tiny babies so this stay is serving its purpose. Tomorrow is a cervix check and a fFN test to make sure they aren't going to come within the next 2 or 3 weeks. If the tests come back clear, I AM RELEEEEEEEASEDDDD to go home and do nothing.
So, that's where things are in Kayla land. :) Hopefully I have nothing else to post soon but if these babies come soon, be prepared for tons of updates.
Ohhh... and I am only 27 weeks.
When is your due date? And did they move you or that woman???
ReplyDeleteGlad you and the babies are getting taken care of :)
Oh goodness. I wasn't expecting this update. Sorry to hear about the contractions but I hope the tests come back okay. Those babies need to bake a little longer! I can't wait to hear about the meth addict, wow, I can't imagine how much fun that was ;) good luck girl, hoping everything stays quiet!!!
ReplyDeleteHoping that babies stay put for a few more weeks.
ReplyDeleteOh man, sorry to hear this honey! Hoping and praying you stay pregnant for a few months more!
ReplyDeleteOh geez girl! Praying for you and those babes! Stay in little babies :) My girl was born at 32 weeks. And whatttttttt they put you in a room with a meth addict??? Yikes.
ReplyDeleteStay in there babies! You still need to cook a bit longer.
ReplyDelete