Friday, October 12, 2012

Twin Update & Photo Bomb :)

It has been a few weeks since I've updated so I wanted to check in and give everyone an update :)

The babies are 2 weeks and 2 days old now! They'll be 31 weeks gestational age tomorrow.
Husband and I visit them 5 days a week and allow ourselves 2 days a week at home to rest, relax and do things around the house. The nursery STILL isn't 100% done yet but it is getting there.

I'm pumping every 3 hours except for at night, I allow myself to sleep from midnight to 6am. While most people frown upon skipping a huge chunk like that, I was a miserable human being AND it hasn't messed with my supply. I am now pumping entire storage bottles in one session so I feel awesome about how much I'm feeling the itty bitty babies.

They are FINALLY back at their birth weight and going strong!

A was taken off of oxygen completely last week and she made it 4 days before she had a major spell. Unfortunately, that spell was in my arms. Her heartrate dropped to 80 and her oxygen hit 70% and it was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. The nurse came over and roused her up a bit and she was fine -- they said she just got too comfy with her mommy and that was the first and only time it happened. They did put her back on oxygen after that spell but she is on 1/32 coming through the nasal canula, which is the lowest setting. She is eating 24mLs of food via her tube every 3 hours and getting vitamins :) Next step: BOTTLES!

B is also on 1/32 dose of oxygen, he pulls his canula out every few seconds and little man has pulled his feeding tube out many times (so has his sister)! He finally pooped which was a huge relief because his stomach was so swollen his first few days of life. He is eating 23mLs of food and he juuust started his vitamins, too. :) He hasn't had any major breathing spells, just little ones here and there and he has been a champion about correcting them himself.

Husband and I are so ready to have our little pumpkins home! The hospital says the earliest they'll be released is 35 weeks, so we are hoping our little fighters come home in 4 short weeks! They just have to be able to breathe while they eat, breathe on their own, go potty normally, weigh 4lbs, and sit in a car seat for an hour with no spells. Not too much to ask of a preemie, right? :P

I'll leave you guys with their 2 week photos and some outfits of their Halloween and Christmas clothes!


Braxley @ 2 weeks old :) 

Adalie @ 2 weeks old :) She ripped out her feeding tube right before this.


The diaper cake my mom made us for the baby shower
First Halloween outfits!

First Christmas outfits! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. They are too cute! I love the little Halloween outfits and so glad to hear that everyone is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious!! We are definitely going through the exact same thing (could it have been the Bravelle? j/k). I'm still trying to figure out the visiting schedule. I feel guilty when I'm not there, but I can't do much besides stare at him right now. Congrats on the full supply bottles! Hopefully I get there soon. I still get excited when I hit 40cc's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAH! I told Husband the exact same thing about the Bravelle! I guess our peanuts were just ready to be with us instead of inside.

      I feel guilty, too, but sometimes I just need to be home for some quiet time (and to get housework done).

      I can't wait to hear more updates about your little munchkin!

      Delete
  3. they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you want them home and they will be soon enough...just know that the NICU is taking care of them as if they were their own and will be so strong and healthy to go home with you guys soon enough!

    ReplyDelete