Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh Jeez.

Here's a recap of the past few days:

Thursday - I called off of work (first time EVER at this job) and I went to the local hospital.

1 iv
6 attempts at a blood draw
2 bags of fluid
2 doses of Zofran (that did nothing for me)
1 blue vomit bag
1 dose of Reglan (that worked wonders)
1 pap test
1 ultrasound (but I wasn't allowed to see the results)

Basically, I was severely dehydrated and the gagging/vomiting was making me spot. I haven't had much more than a tiny drop of color since Thursday.

I'm taking Reglan 4 times a day, prescription Pepcid once a day and I'm forcing myself to drink fluids and eat lots of popsicles.

 I've also taken off of work until further notice... hopefully the sickness subsides sooner than later. :(

Also, we weren't technically supposed to see the ultrasound screen but both of us peeked.


There are two babies in there.

They didn't seen heartbeats, obviously 5.5 weeks is too early but I'm going to say that they're both alive and well in there based on HOW shitty I feel. So that is my news... I'm going to sleep, which is ALL I've been doing to try and make it through the days.

23 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing better and congrats on the 2 babies in there!! Hopefully it will be easier to rest and recover now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is quite some news! Congrats..and try to get some rest!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins!!! And they're giving you trouble already :) Those little rascals.

    I hope you start to feel better soon! And I'm really glad you're staying hydrated now. I know it's hard when you're feeling sick, but it's so important. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I really hope you feel better soon. Two babies is awesome : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it was two! I hope you start to feel a bit better abd see the heartbeats soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! I'm sorry you were so sick, but two babies?? That's wonderful!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!! More twins!!! I hope you feel better soon. I had a few weeks were I didn't move off the couch much at all...hang in there it will get better! Congrats on the two babies:) Who would be able to NOT peak at the ultrasound? I can't believe they told you not to look. Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! 2!!! Congrats! I am so glad you went to the hospital. I was so worried you were dehydrated. So glad they found something to make you feel better. Keep drinking hon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are improving and congrats on the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you feel like crap :( That's no fun at all... but babies... you have babIES... more than one! YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I hope you start feeling better soon!! HUG HUG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Odd that they didn't give you an ultrasouns summary before you left. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeeeeeeeeeek! Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations x 2!

    I hope the new medication keeps it alright.


    #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you are taking off work and taking care of yourself and your BABIES!!! Congrats and keep taking in the liquids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the double-dose of happiness! I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness, TWINS!! congratulations!
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  18. How are you feeling? I hope the nausea is getting better. Hang in there Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! Congratulations!! But so sorry about the extreme morning sickness... That sounds awful!

    ICLW #95

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello from ICLW - congrats on the twins - but boooooooo to the nausea. Hopefully something works so that you do not end up in the hospital again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kayla! I'm here from ICLW. Congrats on the pregnancy AND the twins. Best of luck moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY for twins!!! How exciting!!!! I think you are doing the right thing taking time off work and focusing on keeping those babies growing and healthy :) I'm glad that you can do that.
    Perusing your blog via ICLW (#86)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness, what a nightmare the morning (permanent) sickness sounds. But congratulations on the twins, I hope things go smoother and easier.

    ReplyDelete