Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quick.

I am going to sit down tomorrow and write to all of you that have left comments and/or emailed me lately! I've been SO damn busy but I figured I'd throw you all a quick update :)

I am transferring 2 blasts on March 30! If they stick, I'll have an EDD of December 15, 2012 -- the birthday of a friend that has passed. I swear, this whole date-being-the-date-of-something-meaningful-thing has gotten to me!

I start my meds on Sunday :) I am inserting the Femring and applying a Vivelle patch. I am NOT stoked about the Femring but what can you do? I am SO damn glad to NOT be on the Lupron protocol with the Progesterone in Oil shots.

Anyway! The medicine that I am going to be using:
1 Femring for 31 days
Vivelle patches
Endometrim
Prometrium 100mg
Prometrium 200mg
Minocycline
Medrol


If I get pregnant, I'll continue with four Vivelle patches every Monday & Thursday, get a new Femring, and do Prometrium three times a day..... for 10 weeks!


Oh and.
I had my 3 month check-up at the cancer doctor and my CT scan results were good... except something they didn't mention over the phone.

Apparently, some lymphnodes in my groin area (where the cancer had spread to) were enlarged. They did a scan in May 2011 and saw them and since then, there has been very little change.


But there has been change....and that is not good.


So, if I'm pregnant and I have the baby by the end of this year, I'll an immediate body scan afterwards. I've been so upset and so concerned since I read an article about a mother passing stage 4 Melanoma on to her baby and the 9 month old baby is now dying (the mother passed).

My oncologist reassured me that is an extreme case and not to worry.

But she also made me bawl when she said: "Melanoma is never really gone, it's just lying dormant in your body. It could come back at every time but you are doing all that you can so please try not to worry."

....Not worry?

HAHAHAHA.

Okay, the husband and I are going to relax tonight and do a little cleaning tomorrow. I am very anxious for him to get to see the house soon! Most likely next week now.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for answeron the medications.march 30th is right around the corner. You have handled this like a trooper. I know you have dealt with a whole lot of waiting followed by more waiting. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Getting so close! I know not worrying is not a real option, but I am sure they will take really good care of you and your future baby. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaky date! I wish you all the best on meds and transfer..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for progress toward the FET! I can't imagine the extra stress you must feel with the test results that came back. Just take it one day at a time...easier said than done, I know. I think you're doing a really good job of holding everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! That's so far away, it'd be hard for me to wait ;) Although, it'll surely fly! I will definitely be praying about those changes :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I'm finding you for the first time through ICLW. Can't believe an oncologist would treat you like that, but good luck with the transfer. I look forward to returning to see how things go.

    Best wishes,

    Casey

    (http://navigatingcyberloss.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete