Damn, I haven't updated in some time! I didn't even sign up for ICLW this month... what is wrong with meeee? Oh, I've been busy, that's right.
Well, what has been going on?
My FET drama is resolved. After 30 days of fighting, crying, cussing and calling non-stop -- I paid my $141 deposit and I am on my way to a FET. I will get my call Monday about medicine costs.
I had my CT scan yesterday and that was a fucking nightmare. I was told to come in at 11am for bloodwork to make sure that I wasn't pregnant... and that was supposed to take an hour. I was also told to get there at 12:15pm to get my iv and barium before 12:30pm. Yeah fucking right. I sat there until 2:15pm and some mouthy little nurse came out and said "I wanted to tell you what is going on, your bloodwork was sent to the wrong hospital but we should have the results back in 45 minutes to an hour. You can go ahead and start drinking the barium but if your result are positive, you will have drank it for nothing."
I.
Went.
Off.
They waited THAT LONG to tell me that THEY made a mistake and I was being forced to sit there starving. So... around 2:45, the nurse put my iv in and I had already drank my entire bottle of barium water. She said I would be in and out in less than 10 minutes -- and then I sat in a chair for 25 minutes alone while I heard another nurse say "Go ahead and grab the older man in the waiting room. He's been waiting since like 2pm." I stood up and walked out. As I walked out into the main waiting area, A thought it was time to leave, just to find out that we still had MORE waiting to do.
I finally got out of the damn hospital around 4pm. I am NEVER going to use that hospital ever again.... everrrrrrr.
*#)($*@)(*#@()#@)(.
Okay, that's out of my system now.
SD and I went to Once Upon a Child today... I saw so many little music related clothing items and it broke my heart. Ah. Let's hope my FET is a success on the first try. *crosses fingers*
Ohhhhh. So.
I've had this friend since I was 5 years old -- and her parents house was my 2nd home. In the summer, I'd stay at their house more than my own! She moved to North Carolina a few years back and her parents moved there this winter... leaving the house. I have always loved their house. When I was 14, my dad bought me an architecture program and I would re-create their house ALL of the time... it's old and has so much character.
To the point: they want to sell the house and we have not-so-good credit. Well, A's credit is MUUUCCHHH better than mine (fucking cancer bills) so there is talk of a land contract until our credit improves.
Picture this: 4 bedroom house. Formal dining room. Newer kitchen/appliances. Living room with an attached playroom. Fireplace. Finished attic.
Shit, I love that house.
My only dilemma is: My parents wanted us to take over their house and they wanted to get a one story house -- probably within 2 years from now. My dad also put about $3,500 into making our apartment beautiful and the thought of only living here for 13 months & moving makes me want to cry.
I just don't want them to feel like we don't appreciate the things they've done for us. Realistically, it would make muuuuch more sense for us to move into the 4 bedroom house with an attic because of the space factor.
I am SO torn.
Advice, anyone?
first off - SOO sorry you had a crappy hospital experience...wow I'd have given them a piece of my mind! (ok, maybe not...but still).
ReplyDeleteAs for the house...talk to your parents. Let them know your feelings. If this is possibly going to be your forever home - I say go for it! You want to make sure the house you live in forever is the one you want! :)
good luck!!
I think you should feel your parents out. If this is your dream house and it is attainable, you should go for it. Who knows when another house you love as much will come along. I think they will understand.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are moving forward with the FET and a big middle finger to the hospital that sucks.
I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience at the hospital. I probably would have torn them a new one especially if I was hungry!
ReplyDeleteThe house thing is a tough decision, but if it is you dream house then go for it!
google reader hasn't been updating with your blog posts for some reason but i'm caught up now. i hope march is better than feb for you :)
ReplyDelete