Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fruuuustrationnnn.

I need a break from the stress of this FET/insurance drama. Fuck.

I figured all of you were just dddyyyiinnggg *eye roll* for an update so here goes.

A and I both called multiple people on Thursday, including my reproductive case manager.

Her voicemail said something along the lines of "Hi, this is Megan. I'm currently away from my desk but leave your name, ID number, phone number and a detailed message and I'll call you back within 24 hours."

WITHIN 24 HOURS. If that bitch says that on her greeting, don't you think she should keep the promise? Yeah, I figured you would agree.

So.. A and I gave her about 2 extra hours past the 24 hour deadline before we started to harass our insurance company. I think he talked to about 10 different people yesterday... including some who had no clue what the fuck they were talking about... and then a few that tried to help but didn't get us anywhere... and then, finally, we got a hold of ONE woman who sent an email to corporate for our case to be escalated immediately.

Their excuse is that they're backed up and we will have about a 2 week wait... well, fuck that because we've been calling since the end of January (and they have that documented) and it's been WAY LONGER than 2 weeks, that's for sure.

Oh, and Megan, the asshole, sucky, bitchy, waste of time left me a voice message yesterday -- for some reason my phone didn't ring and of course, we called back and SURPRISE! SHE DIDN'T ANSWER! *gasp!* ... right.
And then the finance guy from my RE's office called and said that he got a voice message from the waste of life Megan and he called her two days in a row with no call back, either. He also said he THINKS my FET will NOT be considered a second IVF because they're only covering 90% of it. With an IVF, it's 100% covered soo.... let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Yesterday, A and I took my brother out for dinner and birthday drinks -- and then decided to keep the festivities going at our place. It has been a LONG time since I've spent $100 at the bar in like an hour but, it was worth it. My brother is pretty amazing. :) (Followed by $40 more at the liquor store, haha)
The boys drank until they both passed out....hard. I had about 7 drinks and I was feeling good but I didn't get much sleep because my fabulous drunken husband was talking in his sleep about video games. Hahahaha.

I have a friend that is about 6 months pregnant with a little boy (her first) and she found she was pregnant THE SAME day I found out my body stopped responding to Clomid. When she told me, I acted like a bitch and I genuinely felt angry and jealous but we had dinner a few days ago and, the jealously is gone. Not even a pinch of it left. She is SO fucking cute pregnant and I've already bought the little poop factory an outfit. We are going to Once Upon a Child next week and I'm going to buy him lots of stuffff.

Also, I have a cold that won't fucking go away. :)

Ohhhh the life of an infertile.

5 comments:

  1. Oh jeez I am so sorry for all the bullshit you are going through. I really hope these people can get this crap figured out. You have already been through so much as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you're going through this... sounds like a nightmare :(( Can you go up to Megan's "manager/supervisor" to get an answer from them (and let them know that she never returns calls etc) ? Thinking of you and hope it all works out xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! Insurance aggravates the crap out of me! There are so many people who work in insurance that don't know anything! There are times I know more than them. I usually end up calling 3 times to finally get someone who knows something. I'm sorry. I hope they do cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, reading that blog post sounded like you were still pissed. Poor communication appears to be a theme with clinics dealing with IF. Hope you dont have a hangover, and you enjoyed your night out. A good release should be mandatory!

    Tee
    intertilitee2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cluster f!!!! It doesn't end with IF. I just got a bill for $1,400 - what's not covered by my insurance to give birth (not counting any extraordinary measures that may be needed at the birth - c-section, etc.). Oh, joy!

    Glad you have reconnected with your friend and can enjoy shopping for her poop factory son.

    ReplyDelete