Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh and...

I forgot to add, on top of having a gorgeous uterus, I have a little story about my SHG and sounding yesterday.


Are you ready?

Well, turns out Dr. S had a resident following him around...
Should be fine, right?

Yeah, until I saw that bitches stomach. She was freaking 8 months pregnant. 


Now, tell me how I stopped myself from killing my doctor for letting an obviously pregnant woman in to my room when I'm laying on the table, spread open, whining about my uterus being awesome but EMPTY.


Yes, I feel like a bitch when I think about it now but honestly, bring a pregnant woman into a building of infertiles? I understand she WANTS to be a doctor, but bitch, pick a different profession or wait to do your practicum hours when you're NOT huge.... and pregnant.




Damn, I've re-read a few of my most recent posts and I am a bitter woman.

9 comments:

  1. OMG - if I had a pregnant women at one of my TTC exams I think I would have flipped. I don't think you are bitter, the doctors is like a safe haven for us where we do not expect it!

    I have given you an award, please check out my blog to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. One of the REs in my practice went on maternity leave EARLY because she didn't want to upset her patients. Obviously, that didn't register with your doc.

    I think you handled the situation as well as could be expected. I also thing it's worthwhile mentioning this at your next appointment (seriously, how else will they know).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I don't blame you one bit! I love that you asked her a bunch of questions making her feel awkward!(talk about wrong place at the wrong time!) they could have at least had her do office work for one more flippin month! Geeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ex co worker of mine has a sister who is a fertility nurse. She just had a baby! They even had a "contract" patients had to sign that they would bring no kids in, obviously the nurses didn't have one! I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't have kids, they should just be a little extra sensitive around patients... I think you handled it well to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our RE office has a contract that no children are allowed in the office. Where I am now that would probably not bother me a ton, but if it was when I was going through all my testing I probably would have started to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Yeah, very poor decision on your doctors part. I don't know how your still feeling about it but if it bothered you that much (I would be the same way), you may consider contacting them about it. That's just awful! He should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post put the BIGGEST smile on my face. I would have done the exact same thing. Shame on them for parading an 8 months pregnant woman around you during this sensitive time! It was the same with my infertility doctors office, there was a rule about not bringing kids to the office and sure enough, right in the middle of all my IVF stuff, I walked into the office and there was a woman AND her husband AND two kids. People can be really ridiculous, but I think you handled it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis made me laugh so hard. I love it. Poor girl, it's totally not her fault,but so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my REs are pregnant and two of the front office girls!

    ReplyDelete