T-minus 4 days until my first Lupron shot! 11 days and I'm done with the BCPs!
Can you believe that the time is flying like this... because I sure as heck can't believe it.
I knew once MY turn came, I would feel overwhelmed but oddly enough, I'm excited about the damn shots starting.
Does anyone have an horror stories about Lupron? Should I expect any side effects?
I have to take it before work and I take care of an elderly woman so I don't want it to affect my work like the doxycycline did.
Update on - These are all of the things that I want to do (Christmas and non-Christmas related) in December:
1. Take the horse & carriage ride through our downtown (this is happening on Thursday)
4. Make Christmas cookies at least twice (this is happening tomorrow!)
7. Finish filling out Christmas cards for my pen pals (Yes, I have a few of those, they're amazing!) (just need to mail them out, but I won't cross this out until I actually DO it)
9. Get our apartment in order so I can relax when I'm doing IVF related stuff (I'm working daily on this but I have about 4 weeks (FROM TODAY, HOLY SHIT) that I should expect to retrieve)
10. Clean out the storage room at my parents house and take all of the stuff I don't use to the Goodwill (I haven't even started this at my parents but I have at our house, two bags taken to Goodwill already!)
I have one friend that I know reads this, and I wanted to say hi to her! (Hi SG!) Though we've only hung out one time, I appreciate her honestly and caring. I also know that I can go to her when I need to whine about IVF or friends because she will always listen and cheer me up.
I've been having a hard time (obviously, I mean, I have bitched in my last few posts) and I really miss my best friend and being able to TRUST people. Seriously, I've been weeding out people from my life because I just can't handle trusting them.
I won't give you much of a back story but I was trying to tell a friend *coughfriendcough* about my IVF stuff and she stopped what she was doing and said "I don't really understand the IVF stuff so anything you tell me is pretty much irrelevant to me anyway."
...Really?
That's all I want to say in case she ever, for whatever reason, stumbles upon my blog... but I'd like her to know that REALLY hurt my feelings. A and I left their house that night and I told him and he was in shock.
Side note: My client is making me watch CMT Artists of the Year and Gavin Degraw is on here singing someones song (I missed whose song it was) -- I love Gavin but no, just NO to this song. And he looks a little fatter than usual (not that I have any room to speak but seriously, has he gained weight or is his fedora making him look chubby?)
I'm preparing a January To-Do list in a few minutes.... who wants to come to Ohio and help me complete the tasks!? I'll pay in hugs and alcohol (or sparkling juice for the pregnant beauties!)
Before I go, pictures of our gingerbread house and the surprise flowers A picked up for me! :)
Before I go, pictures of our gingerbread house and the surprise flowers A picked up for me! :)
| the front of our hosue <3. |
| the back of the house, complete with snow covered window ;) |
| the rooooof. |
| my incredible husband (and our messy kitchen) |
| surprise flowers! <3 <3 |
Cute pics. Lupron is cake! You will do fine! I had no s/e!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are feeling better! Looks like you are keeping yourself busy with your to-do list. It's probably helping you feel like time is going so fast! Sorry about the rude comment from your friend. SO MANY people just DON'T get it! That's why we blog right?! Hope things continue to go well for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI only had two symptoms on Lupron: swollen boobs and hotflashes at night. You'll be on it for such a short time, that it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Love the Gingerbread house!
ReplyDeleteI love the gingerbread house! I really need to get with the Christmas spirit, barely done any shopping mostly since I've been bloated from the stims. However, I agree with Rebecca, Lupron is cake! Now that doxycycline on the other hand is horrible, especially if you take it on an empty stomach. I'm on it once again, btw (after retrieval they put you back on it for six days). Once you get your BFP it will all be worth it though!
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies! :)
ReplyDelete@Nicole - They are putting me on a different type of medicine after the retrieval... it starts with an M, I wanna say it's called Minocycline or something super similiar. The pills are smaller and white. Thank gooooood, I hope they aren't as bad as the doxy. gag!
Didn't have any trouble from the Lupron either... hope it's easy on you too!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling better. What a cute gingerbread house! Such a sweet Hubby for bringing you flowers.
ReplyDelete