Saturday, December 3, 2011

December To-Do List.

I love Christmas stuff and since I've had a few rough years, we've decided to celebrate large this year. We are kind of non-traditional though... A and I set ourselves a budget to buy things that we want and then we set a budget to buy gifts to surprise each other with. I have most of his surprise shopping done but I have no idea what I want this year. I want new clothes but I've gained 20lbs from all of the fertility meds and I know I'm going to be bloated when I am doing the IVF meds... so I just don't know what I want to do. :(

These are all of the things that I want to do (Christmas and non-Christmas related) in December:

1. Take the horse & carriage ride through our downtown
2. Get all of the Christmas shopping done early
3. Build gingerbread house
4. Make Christmas cookies at least twice
5. Buy Christmas pajamas
6. Put up lights outside of our apartment
7. Finish filling out Christmas cards for my pen pals (Yes, I have a few of those, they're amazing!)
8. See the light show at the Courthouse, the FULL show (we only stayed for 20 minutes of it because it was sooo cold out)
9. Get our apartment in order so I can relax when I'm doing IVF related stuff
10.  Clean out the storage room at my parents house and take all of the stuff I don't use to the Salvation Army for less fortunate people



Also, I've read from all of you ladies that have done or are doing IVF about drinking Gatorade? Do you suggest I stock up soon if I'm going to start my stims in a few weeks? When do you actually start drinking it?

I'm a perfectionist and I NEED to have everything planned out so I'd rather know in advance what I need to get together to make this whole thing go as smooth as possible. :)






ALSO! I've been slacking on the commenting since ICLW ended but Sunday = suuuuper slow day at work, so I am planning on making it up to my readers! :) xoxoxoxo.

7 comments:

  1. This time around I started with the Gatorade about 1/2 way through stims. It helps a lot with bloating, but last time I drank A LOT between ER and ET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love building gingerbread houses!!

    I start the Gatorade a day or so before ER. OHSS won't hit until the day of the ER - 6 days after. That is the crucial time to worry about Gatorade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, check my blog out, I gave you an award

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    I gave you a blog award too today!

    I really didn't want to do gatorade because of the sugar. I'm kind of a health nut sometimes, I bought TONS of electrolyte water from whole foods, which was great for water, but when my OHSS started in I was SO miserable! I had my hubby go buy gatorade, and I have to be honest, it SAVED me. Not sure why, but definitely helped with those symptoms.

    Pre IVF nesting is awesome a total must and stock up on gatorade and frozen meals. We had delivery/takout quite a lot as I was down and out for after the retrieval and then bed rest. My husband cooked a lot, but it would have been nice to have some meals ready to go so he didn't have to work so much. A heating pad was also an absolute must, I had it on 24/7 after the retrieval.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I gave you an award, check out my blog!
    http://gonnadoitforbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you live in an apartment! We're still in that stage as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! I love the IF community. :). Thanks for all of the awards ladies. I will update later tonight!

    As for living in an apartment, we live in a duplex that my parents own sooo our "rent" goes towards owning the place AND we live for pretty much free. :)

    ReplyDelete