ANYWAY!
Today was the big visit to the cancer hospital and it was one was hell of a long day.
We got there at 9:30am and the registration lady told me that I DID NOT have bloodwork and x-rays... I assured her about 12842 times that I DO have them. She told me to go to the 10th floor and wait for my doctor, if he wanted me to have those, he'd order them. Soooo... we sit there from 9:30 to 10:30 an an Aide came out and asked if we needed anything while waiting. I said "Yes, I am POSITIVE that I have labs and x-rays but the woman downstairs said no, can you check on this for me?" She came back in 2 minutes and said "OH YES! You absolutely have those, go to the next building." .......It was freaking 30* out today and pouring rain.
The doctor finally came in to see me around 11:30am. Honestly, I just love this doctor. I had a doctor for 2 years, the one that was there when I did chemotherapy and whatnot but I hated her. I heard her talking shit about me because I wanted a CT scan on my legs (for severe pain) and she made me wait FOUR hours and then I heard her telling her nurse that I was just going to have to wait even longer because there were patients that actually deserved her attention. I made a HUGE deal out of this to the hospital and they sent me gas cards and stuff and then introduced me to Dr. O -- he's monotone and he twitches but he's AWESOME.
Did I mention that he said to NOT listen to my other doctor and that 1 baby or 10 babies in my stomach is nooottt putting me at risk. Did you read that.... I AM NOT GOING TO BE AT RISK. I trust this man with my life and I totally freaking believe what he says. My other doctor, she's a crock of shit. He said if I wanted a second or third opinion on this situation that he wouldn't be offended and he would direct me to where I needed to go. I said no because I DO trust him. :)
They fit me in for a last minute physical therapy session because my left leg is very swollen and fluid filled. I was fitted for a compression stocking, hoping to order that this week.
My best friend, husband and myself had lunch at Rooster's and then we went to pick up my rings. I had to send them out at their 6 month inspection for a loose diamond and I've been without them for TWO weeks... (feels like a lifetime).
And just because I am picture happy....
![]() |
| A & myself in the first waiting room (of 4) |
![]() |
| Proof of my torture! :P |
![]() |
| I felt cute today, minus my breakout. |
![]() |
| MY BEAUTIFUL RINGS! I missed them soooo much!!! |
Oh, and the Provera is KICKING my ass this time. I've been so freaking exhausted....and sick to my stomach for 3 days now. Uuugghhh.




I'm so glad to hear the visit went well and that you like your doctor! You bring up a very good point that not every physician is meant for every patient (the fact some of them are allowed to practice is completely beyond me), hence being an educated patient is really critical to receive appropriate care.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear the Provera is problematic. I hear you on the exhaustion end! Hang in there. Every day you take those pills is one day closer to the goal.
Sorry it was such a crazy day yesterday!! Hang in there!! P.S. Roosters is the BEST!!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you got the go!! Its great that you found a doctor you trust!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your visit went well. Yea having a Dr you trust is a huge deal. So happy you have a great Dr. Beautiful rings btw!
ReplyDelete