Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Support System.

I know I posted a few days ago that my husband was going through an "ignore my wife's crazy emotions" phase, but I just want to clarify that he is an AMAZING husband.

Also, my support system through everything, especially cancer, has been incredible. 


I am being forced (okay, not FORCED) to go to my 3 month check-up at the cancer hospital in a few weeks and as always, I'm a nervous wreck. You'd think after dealing with this for a few years, I'd be used to it. I know that I'm cancer free (or so my latest scans in May said) but I am so scared that they will find something wrong with my blood counts or another suspicious mole on my body or a swollen lymphnode. Leave it to me to stress like this.

Anyway, when I said that I have an amazing group of people to support me, I'll show you below what I mean :)

H (my best friend), made these bracelets and gave one to me right before my wedding. We wear them daily. 

A lovely girl that I've only known via Facebook (but we know ALL of the same people) donated $25 to the Skin Cancer Foundations partnership program with Cosmo Magazine and she got 3 bracelets in the mail. She wears one daily and sent me one. It's amazing what people will do when you touch each others lives...

My best friend got a matching tattoo :)

My best friend took this, it's MEEEE getting my Melanoma ribbon tattoo!

Sister-in-law replicated my original tattoo design :)

Sister-in-law got her nails done for me :)

My husband is going to get a ribbon tattoo, too, but not a matching one.
My mother wants to get one as well, but she's afraid of needles so I don't think it'll ever happen.


I just wish that I were able to be more VOCAL about infertility.

Because infertility sucks JUST as bad as cancer did.... honestly.
But the reason that I am blogging is because we are trying to keep our infertility woes a secret and then when I'm about 20 weeks pregnant, I'm just going to announce (to friends) "HEY I'M PREGNANT" (and hopefully carrying multiples).

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your very personal journey with me. It's inspiring & shows the world just how strong of a woman you are.
    <3
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are blessed with an amazing support system. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a wonderful support system! You need that kind of support to beat IF, too. I understand keeping it from friends and family, though, not many people know about our infertility battle. Thankfully there is SOOO much support here online :) Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete