Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Twin Update.

Fiiiiirst of all: My real life friend Sarah has joined Blogger recently and I figured I'd show her some love! I know I have a few regular readers so maybe you should head over and say hello. :) She seems to be making a name for herself in the blogging world (Sarah, I have joined some blog hops because of you)!  ....because I have SO much free time ;)

Alright... time for a baby update, right?


Little Man is 6lbs 11oz
Little Miss is 6lbs 14oz
They are both eating every 4 hours -- which makes it a smiiiidge easier to get some sleep, but not much. Husband goes back to work on Tuesday and I'm feeling really anxious about being left to do ALL of their feeds, except for the midnight ones, by myself. I'll be alright because IF I go to sleep after their 8pm feed, I can sleep from about 8:30pm to 3:30am.

The only issue for the last two days has been the damn vaccinations they had Monday. The OOONNNNLLLLYYYY side effect they've had is fussiness! No fever. No lack of appetite. No extra sleep -- in fact, they've been awake MUCH more than usual! I'll be alright, I have about 4 more weeks before I have to go back to work. Maybe we will be in more of a routine by then? Maybe? Maybe?

(Hopefully)

We did our family Christmas photos yesterday. It was a BLAST and I cannot wait to get them back. I will photo bomb the heck out of you once I get those back from the photographer.

Before I go... all of you moms out there. When you had your babies, did it really put a damper on your marriage at first? Husband and I have been really nit-picking at each other lately and I'm assuming it is because we are lacking sleep. That, and I feel like I am doing more than he is... I won't get into it much more than that, unless you guys express that it isn't JUST my marriage. 

Alright, picture time! Are you ready?

Top Left = Little Man
Top Right = Little Miss
Bottom Left = Little Miss
Bottom Right = Little Man

7 comments:

  1. They are growing! Thank you for sharing pictures with all of us, and I love your Christmas look on page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally not just your marriage. Throwing a baby into the mix is hard. It took us 4 months to find alone time to have sex again...that might also put a damper on marriage, finding time for sex and alone time. It gets better though as the baby(its) get older I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our babe is 3 weeks old and yes our marriage is being tested. For sure it is the lack of sleep and trying to get into a routine. Everyone I know has gone through it. I'm not worried. And although I know I am doing more my husband has been very supportive. Don't worry about it. Just a phase...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great they can go 4 hrs! My little man is 5 months and still nurses every 2-3 hrs. The hubs and I now have 2 kiddos and I would say that I have always been the one to get up bc I am nursing. I also stay home so I feel like my hubs needs to get a full nights sleep so he can function at work. I would just make sure you talk stuff out... but my hubs get snippy too, today it was about ourfridge leaking water...who knows, men can be weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, blog hopping here. Just wanted to reassure you that even the most wonderful of relationships is tested by lack of sleep, worries of new parenthood and general exhaustion and routine seeking endeavours. It will go away, even though at the present time you can't really see how or when. :-)
    Even though it sounds silly, and you know it, new parenthood makes you forget it: remember to communicate. You cannot expect the other to guess or just know what you think and feel. Talking helps calm down many a testy situations.
    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for the shoutout! :) Blog hops are pretty fun.

    It's not just your relationship. And no, your not imagining that you are doing most of the work. lol Sorry, A.
    But really, the first few months are rough and it's not something they actually tell you. Lack of sleep does some crappy things to a person.

    On the plus side, your children are so freaking beautiful. :) I swear as soon as I am not racked with some sort of illness or m/s I will come see you and the booboos. I miss you like crazy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. those littles of yours-- adorable. And those adorable packages will suck the ever loving life right out of your marriage--lol. But it won't last forever, 'promise. And the energy they take right now will be returned a thousand fold when you catch glimpses of them, even if through piles of dirty laundry or stacks of nagging dishes, and realize that there is no other way you'd want to spend your life.

    If you can... let expectations go for a couple months/ years. Appreciate the fact that you are both redefining who you are, and he perhaps doesn't have the same hormonal instinct kicking in telling him to throw it into high gear and start getting 'er done... forgive him because you'll need him to forgive you too the first time he comes home and you are overwhelmed and he swoops in without question and you realize you might be able to do it alone but thank God you don't have to.

    You ARE tired, You Are negotiating new uncharted waters as a couple, it will get easier and you will be able to enjoy the tender moments that will come, I promise they will come.

    And I've said way too much, WAY...
    Hang in there you.

    xo,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete