For those here from ICLW, I'm Kayla. I'm a new mama to boy/girl twins - born at 28 weeks in September. I'm happily married and for the time being, I'm a stay at home mom. I'm a cancer survivor and I've been through some of the worst shit a person can go through -- and I'm still sane! (Well, some might think otherwise) Haaa haaa!
So, I have some big news. Little Miss came home from the NICU! Yeah, we sprung her from that joint. :) She came home on Monday the 19th after 54 loooong days in the hospital. She is doing great, she sleeps in 3-4 hour blocks and only wakes up to feed when we wake her up! I am NOT glad she was in the NICU but I am SO thankful for the amazing schedule they put her on. :) I am responsible for the 1pm, 5pm, 9pm and 5am feeds. Husband does her 1am and 9am feed -- such an awesome schedule. I AM going back to work in January but only 18-24 hours a week - maybe.
When Little Man comes home, he is on a different feeding schedule. His feeds are at 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, midnight, 3am and 6am. We will have to figure that schedule out because that...is going to be exhausting. Hopefully we can get him closer to his sisters schedule -- but not TOO close. I'm afraid that I won't be able to handle two screaming starving babies. :(
I almost forgot... Little Man is stuck in the NICU because he is still having breathing episodes or the "A's & B's". Mostly after he is done eating, but sometimes randomly. This is when his heart AND his breathing stop or fall to really low numbers and he requires a nurse to bring him out of the spell. He had been spell free for a few days and was aaaalllll set to come home ONE day after his sister. Right before I was leaving on Saturday, he had a spell and turned blue.... and I cried the entire way home.
It hasn't been easy for me to have one baby here and one baby 100 miles away. We call a bunch of times each day and I hope so bad that he stops these spells! I need my little stinker home or it is going to keep wearing on me.
I think that is all I really have for now, I should get to commenting for ICLW or I will get behind!
Xoxoxo.
Edited to add:
Little Man weighs 5lbs & 8oz
Little Miss weighs 5lbs & 10oz!
Growing so fast!
Edited to add:
Little Man weighs 5lbs & 8oz
Little Miss weighs 5lbs & 10oz!
Growing so fast!
I'm have been praying for little man to be able to come home. It breaks my heart to see you guys sad. I'm so happy that they are both growing so well though! Wow! :) and it's great both babies have that kind of feeding schedule!
ReplyDeleteThat must be so hard Kayla!! Especially being so excited to have the Little Miss home and be so sad at the same time : (. It sounds like he's close though. I hope he's home where he belongs soon!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW. Congratulations on your beautiful twins. I really hope your little guy comes home soon to join his sister.
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW! Congratulations on the birth of your twins! Glad that Little Miss is home!
ReplyDeletehi from iclw. glad your family is home enjo this most special time
ReplyDeleteGreat progress for both babies. I am glad to hear they are coming home. I hope your schedules will get on a good track very soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW #33
Congratulations on your twins and surviving cancer!!!
ReplyDeleteHoping that Little Man comes home soon.
Visiting from ICLW (#7)
Holy crapola! You have been through the ringer! I'm hoping your son comes home soon. I'm praying those spells stop! So scary! Thinking of you! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the homecoming! There is nothing like having your baby available to pick up whenever you want, is there? Hoping little man joins his sister soon.
ReplyDeleteMy twins are 28 weekers, too. My guys spent 90 and 101 days in the NICU. Hard times for sure. They're now 5. Time flies!
Oh, you might try The Preemie Palace if you'd like a preemie support system. It's a great group of women. You can find it if you Google it.
(I am also at Life As I Know It on the ICLW list along with the one listed under my name. Hugs.)