Is it seriously November? And not just November but almost the middle of the month!
I am supposed to still be pregnant -- I should be carrying our twin for another 14 or so days... whhhattt.
The babies are growing quickly.
Little Man is 4lbs, 11oz
Little Lady is 4lbs, 12.5 oz
They're taking bottles (but not all of the time, they tend to wear themselves out and still need tube feeds). They are still having breathing spells here and there. They're ALMOST out of preemie clothes! They... are just. plain. incredible.
We have been staying with some friends during this NICU thing but it is starting to wear on us -- soooo, I finally caved and got info on the Ronald McDonald house. I think we are going to check in this week and give it a shot. Who can pass up free meals, free laundry, and free shuttles to the hospital? Plus, it'll give me a chance to get the babies to fully breastfeed.
I am planning on returning to work at the beginning of the year so I am praying these peanuts are home by the end of this month. I want plenty of time to spoil them in our home. :)
Some sad news: Husbands grandfather passed away this morning. He hasn't been back to California for almost 2 years and I'm so completely floored that he didn't see his Grandpy before he passed. He was set to go out in September and well.... I had babies! He is going to go out after Thanksgiving, at least that is what I was told. It just happened so plans are up in the air, currently. I just want to hug Husband (who went to work this morning despite the bad news).
Life sure does have its ups & downs. :(
![]() |
| MY WORLD! <3. |

Looks like your little peanuts are growing up. They are such dolls. I bet moving into the Ronald McDonald house will give you some more freedoms and privacy.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your husbands grandfather.
Thanks for sharing a new pic of the babies.
So cute! Glad they are making such progress. Hope the Ronald McDonald stay works out.
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are going well despite the passing of Grandpy :( I'm sure the Ronald McDonald House will be a better situation for guys. We knew a bunch of parents who were staying there and loved it. We lived too close to the hospital to be eligible. Your peanuts are adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo I've been horrible at checking your blog! :( :( It doesn't show up in my reader list anymore! Stupid blogger! So I didn't know you had the babies, and the first bit of the post made me think you lost them!!! I almost cried... then I read on! Thank goodness they are here and doing so well! I also had my little guy in September! Congrats girl! You've have one heck of a few months! :)
ReplyDeleteI love their little faces. :) I'm sorry to hear about A's gpa.
ReplyDeletehi from ICLW...so sorry for your loss
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW. Your babies are beautiful. Sorry about your recent loss.
ReplyDelete