Friday, August 17, 2012

Silly Babies.

Well, I had my first REAL baby scare on Sunday.
I hadn't felt Baby A move in almost 2 days: I tried cold water, ice, poking her, laying on my side, loud music, candy, soda, juice... all of it and nothing. I went almost the entire day Sunday without panicking and then around 5pm, I just lost it.

My husband rushed home and we went to the childbirth center where they quickly got out the stomach monitors and hooked me up.

Both babies are fine. Baby A must've just been kicking towards my back - that was their conclusion.
The nurses said that I needed to quit working and I agree... but I don't see my OB until Monday.


I've been having a throbbing pain in my vagina/lower stomach all day -- and a little yellow discharge so I've been kind of on edge. I haven't seen anything else when I wiped so that is a relief but I have to work for the next 2 days so I'm sure that won't help with the throbbing.

In other news, my mom and husband have been working very hard to get the nursery together. They have it half painted already :) Don't worry, I'll post photos!

I'll be 23 weeks when I wake up.
And I thiiiink tomorrow and Sunday are going to be my last two days of work until after the babies are here.

Soooo... that means.... wait for ittt... I'm going to be back to my blogging/commenting self! 
Because I know sooo many of you have missed me. :P

7 comments:

  1. I was scared reading the first sentence. Glad babies are doing well. It will be nice having you back in blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you coming back! Its been too long! I would have done the same thing, trip to the child center just to be sure! I can't wait to see their nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot commend you enough for agreeing to stop working! At this stage in the game your job is to keep those babies inside. I stopped working with my twins after a "scare" around 26 weeks and I never looked back. I ended up going 39 weeks 3 days without ever being on bed rest and wouldn't have it any other way! GOOD LUCK and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did miss you! Glad you and the babies are ok. Can't wait to see the nursery and read whatever you post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww. I couldn't imagine! I'm sure I'd be just like you. :)
    So very happy to hear that they are both doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always missed dear!

    So glad to hear everything is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping that everything is going well and you are enjoying your work-free time!!!

    ReplyDelete