Since when do that many people actually read a Blogger about a bitter infertile/cancer survivor now carrying twins? Hmmm.
I've been considering letting my family and friends finally know that I have this blog but you know what? If I do that, I couldn't talk shit about them when I'm in a crappy mood :)
Soooo.. what has everyone been up to lately? I have about 200 blogs to catch up on. I cannot BELIEVE my last entry was May 27 -- what is my deal? I used to blabber and bitch and whine and moan to all of you.
More recently, I've been trying to stay calm, relax, and enjoy this pregnancy. I'm back to working 4 days a week and it is alright. Have any of you that are pregnant/have been pregnant just completely lost your want to work?? I go but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only working to make some pennies for the babies savings account!
With that being said...
A GOT A PROMOTION!
And if you know me in real life DO NOT MENTION THIS ONLINE. He isn't allowed to announce it until next week.
Now we could absolutely do some house hunting but I've held firm to our decision to stay in the apartment for the next year -- it's smart to do financially. This way, we can easily save, not have to put money into anything, live next door to my parents, have my brother downstairs for the days I need help with carrying stuff up the steps, etc... I feel at peace with our choice -- (but I still find myself looking online because I know how difficult it is going to be space wise).
What else, what else?
I have TWO weddings to attend in September. One is in North Carolina and I am just not sure I am going to make it. It is for a girl I've known for 20 years, she was basically my sister growing up... but am 8 hour car ride while pregnant with twins at nearly 28 weeks? I just don't see my doctor allowing this to happen -- but I'll ask when it gets closer. The other one is only an hour away so I'll definitely be going if I'm allowed.
BUT, according to the twin moms on BBC, I should plan to have my baby shower between 25-30 weeks, just in case the twins decide to make an early appearance. In that case, the shower will be smack dab in between the two weddings. I am exhausted already just thinking about September. Sigh.
A little baby update for those interested --
I'm 13 weeks and 2 days already! Time is flying. I'm in maternity shorts and I need some new bras. I've been craving ice, popsicles and anything with cheese. We bought a doppler and I've found their hearts both times that I have tried.. they're pretty much in the same spot every time but sometimes they are bouncing around in there. :)
I had an ultrasound last Thursday. All is well, Baby A has THE cutest little nose and Baby B was showing off with its little waving arm.
We are doing the elective gender ultrasound in 10 days - I can't believe it is SO soon.
Now I am going to go and catch up on reading and sign up for ICLW. Maybe I'll find some time to do it this month! :)
Xoxoxo.
So happy for you! Yeah I would plan on having your shower early also! I have only carried singletons, but had to cancel mine after a 3 wk stay in the hospital at 32 wks. At least it would give you a chance to have one. Yay again, can hardly wait to find out what you are having, too exciting!
ReplyDeleteSounds like everything is moving along wonderful for you. Cant wait to see what gender babies are!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything is good. Can't wait to hear about your next U/S!
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering where you went! I don't think you are showing up on my blog roll :/ *sigh* I will have to fix that asap! Congratulations on your promotion!! and I am so happy that everything with the babies is going great! I am going to guess you have...2 girls!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the gender appointment!