I was going to take a bit of a longer break from blogging BUT I felt that this was news worthy.
So, I had a visit with my RE a week or two ago and we agreed to do my FET in March. Well, when my husband turned in my paperwork for permission for the nurses/finance people to call our insurance and figure out our deposit, they said they'd call by 3pm on Friday.
NO CALL. So, I called them at 4pm on Friday... and then again on Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday... no freaking call back ANY of those days. So.... I left them a message yesterday and I said I didn't appreciate paying out a bunch of money to be ignored and I would appreciate a call back to know what is going on. I know, I probably could've worded it better but I was pissed -- I think I have the right to be!
When I left there last week, my nurse said that it was VERY important to get my paperwork turned in the NEXT day (Friday) so we could get this going so I COULD do my FET at the beginning of March. I did my part and they haven't.... and the best part?
I got a freaking voice message from the ONE nurse that I hate (out of 3) and, I kid you not, her exact words were: "You are acting like we are dropping the ball here when in reality, we are not. Your insurance company is the ones not doing their job so maybe YOU should call and get this figured out and then call us back. Our finance guy has been working on your information since Tuesday but you aren't our only patient. We have 50 other women wanting to start IVFs and FETs in March."
Uh, excuse my language but what. the. fuck.
I am tired of this nurses attitude so I kept the voice message and we are going to be in that city tomorrow so I'm marching my happy ass into their office and asking for that nurses supervisor. This is NOT the first time that she has treated me bad. My husband and I are hardworking middle class people, we can't afford to waste more money then we already are on fucking trips to this place! It makes me feel like shit, I drive 200 miles round trip to see this doctor because he is awesome -- but his nurse makes me feel like a pile of dog shit.
So... that's where we are in FET-land.
In other news: my laptop came and I love it! Also, I'm addicted to Pinterest.... I found a Sangria recipe on there and I'm enjoying one or... five alcoholic beverages tonight.
Yes, yes..
Bitch. Hasn't she ever heard the customer is always right? Not to mention you paid a fortune and got no transfer and hospitalized, if anybody you should be priority. And I'm sure your dr would not be happy with her. Why are some of the women at these places so rude? If you hate your job find a new one.
ReplyDeleteExcuse my language but what a bitch. Could they not take give mins of their day to call and explain this? I am so happy your doing fet next month though! After what you went through she should be a little more considerate. Hope they fet everything in line quickly.
ReplyDeleteUm, what a bitch, if there was an insurance/paperwork issue that they were working on then she should have CALLED AND UPDATED YOU. If your insurance is holding her up then why wouldn't she call so you could help?! I'm glad you're taking that message in to show to someone!
ReplyDeletewow. some people really do NOT know how to do their job. That is awful. Good luck with your FET though!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're going to follow-up with her supervisor. You know if she's treating you this way, she's also doing it to others. It reflects badly on the whole office, and it's not fair to you. I hope things get sorted soon!
ReplyDeleteNot good. I would seriously be questioning this facility based on her reaction to your phone call. If possible, try to remain calm tomorrow during your discussion. I know you're upset, but there's a good chance the nurse will pull the "she's a crazy patient" line and being upset will only hurt your case.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Good for you. You have to post what happens after you go there. My motto is "Squeakest wheel gets the most attention." I learned that after failing my last cycle, that I need to be more proactive and louder for myself. Some nurses really do suck. My sister is a nurse and she thinks many of them are lazy and give the good ones a bad rep. Good luck in getting it all resolved. March is just around the corner!
ReplyDeleteJust what you (don't) need... stress before a FET. Good Grief!
ReplyDeleteThey should have called earlier to let you know the problem. Then you could have called the insurance if you wanted. But at least you would know what was going on.
ReplyDeleteDid you get it worked out? I was so mad at one nurse that called me with my first beta results. She gave me the bad news then had the nerve to say "ok have a good day". WTF. I haven't told my doctor yet either. But I plan on it. We are also going to do our FET in March. Would like to hear your protocol.
ReplyDeleteI hate grumpy nurses! I am glad you are going to let them hear the email.
ReplyDelete