So.
I had my second ultrasound (first since I started stims) and let's just say, I now know why I'm swollen.
I had 20 follies today. Yes, you read that right, TWENTY. I had one that was already at 9mm!
My lining is perfect and my estrogen was 923!!!
I'm lowering my stim dose on Friday, as long as everything goes well. I feel uneasy having an appointment on Friday the 13th but I'm just being silly.
I'm so damn anxious, I can't believe how well things are going.
I'm sorry I've been MIA lately, I'm swollen like whoa and I've been going to bed by 9pm!
I need advice: for those of you that have been through egg retrievals before, what did you wear home? I've been considering wearing lounge pants because I have a 2 hour drive home and I figured it'd be most comfortable.
I think I'd start drinking Gatorade if I was you :) For both of my ERs I wore yoga pants- you'll be pretty bloated feeling the morning of and afterward you'll probably be feeling kinda tender!
ReplyDeleteMy ER was early in the morning so I wore baggy pajama pants. I was really out of it afterward and spent the day in bed. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a response! Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteSending you some luck! yay for 20 follies!
ReplyDeleteComfy pants for sure! I haven't had the ER done yet but I know that is what I would want to wear... thinking back to when I had my lap! Drink some Gatorade and rest up! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteComfy pants. And, I highly recommend Metamucil. The antibiotics backs me up horribly, making it very painful the night before transfer. Congrats on 20!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!!! Goodness gracious follies galore!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 20 follies! That's excellent!
ReplyDeleteYoga pants (not tight and without a tight waist band) are a MUST, post retrieval. You will need someone else to drive you home as you will be out of it and could be in pain. Oh, and I second Cristy's recommendation of upping your fiber during this whole experience.
Oh, and if you are hyperstimulated, I strongly recommend drinking Emergen-C instead of Gatorade. Limit the amount of water you take in, too.
WOW! That is a lot of follies! That is so great!
ReplyDeleteI totally had lounge pants on too. With a two hour ride you for sure want to be comfy especially with the valium. Twenty is so great! Gatorade is a must plus you will be thirsty anyway. I also drank a ton of V-8.
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog - I am doing IVF this month too. Hope your retrieval goes well - sounds like you are well on your way! I will keep on the lookout, excited to hear about your journey.
ReplyDeleteCaitlin