I had an ultrasound yesterday morning and all of my follies were at 16mm! They want them at least at 18mm before they do the ER so I figured one more day of stims and I'd be done......
Not. Even. Close.
My nurse called yesterday with my estrogen results: almost 10,000.
Way too high.
They had me stop stimming and start taking whey protein immediately.
I'm not sure what's going to happen from here on out. They made me drive to Columbus JUST for bloodwork.
I went like this: wake up at 5am. Get to the doctor at 8am. Bloodwork at 8:05am. Drive 2 hours back home.
I drive a freaking SUV for petes sake! Not cheap.
Anyway, so I am waiting on hear word on my estrogen level. If it didn't rise drastically, I am going tomorrow for an ultrasound and MORE bloodwork.
I might still do the ER Friday.
Maybe.
If you're reading this, please cross your fingers for me... I'm like 95% through this hell, and I really don't want it ripped away from me at the end.
:(
I am so sorry about your estrogen levels. I cannot imagine how difficult the rollercoaster you're on must be. And to be so far from your doctor must be tough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Kayla, I am so sorry. This happened to me in my first IVF too - my estrogen went from 1081 to over 8000 2 days later. I did get to do my retrieval, but they had to do a freeze all, and I got very very sick with OHSS. I hope this does not happen to you. On the plus side, your follies are already so close to ready and are all around the same size, I think that is in your favor. Mine happened early on so they had to coast me for quite a few days before trigger and my eggs ended up being older (and my opinion - crappy quality as result). I had shitty outcomes because of it, but another girl at my clinic at the same time, got 35 excellent quality embryos (31 excellent, 4 good) and got pregnant with twins her first frozen cycle. I pray this isn't the end for you. Keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and I am crossing my fingers and toes that you will be able to have ER on Friday.
ReplyDeleteHoly estrogen, girl! I've seen this happen before, and almost every single time everything works out fine. I've seen it end in a freeze all situation, but that just means you'll transfer later. I'm sure it isn't what you want, but sometimes it is for the best! I will be crossing my fingers that everything ends up fine and you are on your way to your babes on Friday :)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed. Oh my...what a situation. Are you going to freeze the embryos and do a FET at a later date if you do go ahead with the ER? My doctor prescribed me some meds post-retrieval to help levels come down. I'm only on day 3 of stims right now (third retrieval). I'm also doing a Lupron trigger which is a huge help in situations like these. What kind of trigger are you using?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry things are not going smoothly... hopefully it works out this cycle and you don't have to wait! My fingers are crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteLooked at your info and saw you using Lupron already, so you can't use it as a trigger. You must be using an HCG trigger. Drink lots of Gatorade.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-MADS01097/Ovarian-hyperstimulation-syndrome?q=ovarian+hyperstimulation+syndrome&qpvt=ovarian+hyperstimulation+syndrome
http://www.ivfauthority.com/2009/07/severe-ovarian-hyperstimulation.html
Thinking of you.
I'm sending all of the positive thoughts that I can muster for you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry things are going smoothly for you!Crossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteAre they worried about OHSS? I'm totally crossing my fingers for you and hoping this all turns out to be okay :) Good luck
ReplyDeleteFingers Crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about this news. I'm crossing all digits for you and hoping that the levels don't rise anymore. I'm sending you so many positive thoughts tonight as well as many hugs.
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed and hoping and praying everything turns out good!
ReplyDelete