Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thinking.

My husband and I have talked a lot about how many embryos we are going to transfer, if I have plenty of quality ones.... and we've both agreed on at least 2, if not 3.

The weird thing about this situation is:

1. I've had a dream that I transferred 3 and all of them took, and I had a great pregnancy (and 2 boys & a girl!).

2. My mother has been having dreams that I give birth to triplets (which is SO weird because I haven't told her about our decision to transfer multiples).

3. My husband, before we decided to talk about how many, kept telling me that he felt like 3 was a magic number.

It just seems to me that something is bringing that number to all of us...
,
I talked to my doctor about transferring 3 and he said he'd gladly do 2. He WILL do 3 but he wanted to make me aware of the high risks of a pregnancy carrying 3.


Gosh, I am so anxious to get this going. I just hope that the medicines work, the eggs fertilize, and we have a few to transfer and a few to freeze (just in case). Can we just hurry AF up? -- but NOT BEFORE THE 28TH!


I'm so looking forward to getting all of this IVF stuff started that I've spent the last 3 weeks decluttering our apartment, deep cleaning, packing up old clothes and took them to Goodwill, pre-planned Christmas shopping so I am not stressed over that, and set up a schedule to pay off our debt before 2012.

Yeah, bring on the triplets.
(Or twins or singleton! Just 2012, PLEASE BRING ME A BABY!)



I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY: I want to have a multiples pregnancy because I am putting myself at risk for MORE cancer. Because I had skin cancer, I'm high risk due to the hormones that come with pregnancy. I have the OK from my cancer doctor but she suggests ONE pregnancy and then a FIVE year break so I'd love multiples before I have to take a break!

:)

7 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW: Good luck, Kayla! If we don't get pregnant this cycle, we're moving onto IVF and will transfer two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from ICLW! Thanks for stopping by! Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, here on my return visit from ICLW :-)
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you - for good luck on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your decision making (though it sounds like you've got all your signs!).
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ICLW 33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you the best! I would love to have multiples, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I would be able to transfer more than 2, but 3 sounds like your lucky number. good luck with the decision!

    ReplyDelete