On Thursday, we had dinner with a wonderful couple and their daughter. It was nice to see them, it had been MONTHS and the baby had grown so much! They're the kind of friends that you don't have to see often to feel comfortable around. After dinner, we went to Kmart and picked up our layaway.... I'll have to post pictures of the apartment after I get all of the new pretty stuff put out! I FINALLY bought curtains for the kitchen, our bedroom, and for the studio. I picked out a beautiful area rug for the living room since we are no longer using a coffee table AND we now have a Pur water filtration system on the faucet. I love that thing so much and NO MORE PITCHER in the fridge to waste space!
Yesterday, we were going to do dinner and a movie... which turned into just dinner and a lot of laughs with some more friends. I had to take my wedding ring to the jewelry store for my 6 month inspection and OF COURSE, I had a diamond a tiiiiny bit wobbly. I sent the ring out for repair but I feel so naked without it. :( When I'm not wearing my ring, it feels like something is wrong.
We had dinner at a place called Adornetto's. It's a local Italian place and it is some of the best food that I've ever tasted. I always get their wedding soup and garlic bread with cheese. At dinner (with another couple and their little girl), my husband decided to spill dressing all over himself. I laughed until I cried and my face hurt.
That is exactly what I've been needing.
I've been missing the laughing and the nights out. I've missed the "dates" and the hand holding. For the past two weeks, I've had my husband back and I'm loving every second of it. We have next Thursday and Friday together, too, and then he's going back to band practice in December. I don't mind because we are going to have a few extra days to spend together next month, so I guess I'll let it slide. Haha.
Today is a baby birthday party for a beautiful little girl. She is one of the few children that I feel comfortable around and her mother is one of the parents that doesn't judge me when I admit that I get uneasy when their kids cry... or need a diaper change (yes, I'll admit, I've never changed a diaper. I'm saving it until the poop is from my own spawn). I have a shopping addiction for my friends' children so we went to Children's Place last night.... oh, bad idea. :)
![]() |
| TOO cute to pass up for the little girl I love adore! |
![]() |
| I saw this and instantly KNEW we had to buy it for our favorite little boy! No idea why, it just made me laugh super hard. I think I just love the eyebrows, hahaha. |
Nothing super exciting to report. I had a BETA test done yesterday (just because they made me) and SURPRISE, I am NOT pregnant (obviously!). The nurse called and she was like "We got your beta results and you're not pregnant." My response was: "Well, obviously! I had small follies and we didn't trigger, I haven't even had a period since September." I think she felt stupid so she changed the stupid super fast and told me to start Provera on Thursday. I turned in my prescription and as long as I make it to November 28 with no period, my IVF is on track. Sooo... cross your fingers for me that I don't bleed for 10 more day. PLEASE?!


Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Glad you got to spend QT with your husband! It's always so nice to reconnect when life is so busy. Will be crossing my fingers for you that AF stays away! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kayla, thanks for the kind words and stopping by my blog as well. I love Children's Place, I have 4 nieces to shop for and they love it when I do. Wishing you the best this cycle - I'll keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice spending time with the Hubby. So glad you are getting the laughter you need.
ReplyDelete